Management reporting and documentation
Arnold
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Arnold

Am I missing something simple?

Post by Arnold »

Good afternoon all :D

I don't know if I have missed something, or am just trying to use Veeam Reporter with my eyes closed but I do not seem to have anything listed under "Performance Counter" when trying to run a report against VM Performance.

We are currently testing out Veeam Reporter and today I installed W2K3 R2 x64 along with SQL 2008 x64. I installed everything required for Reporter and everything seems to be running as it should, apart from the above.

We are currently running with a trial license on Reporter 4.0.0.230

Thanks for any help and apologies if it is something silly I have missed/forgotten to do :D .
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Am I missing something simple?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Arnold, could you please check if you have any counters listed for host performance template, just wanted to be sure that this issue relates to VMs performance only. Thanks!
Arnold
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Arnold

Post by Arnold »

Vitaliy,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have counters listed under host performance, just not under VM performance, which is why I am a little confused...mind you it don't take much to confuse me these days :P
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

That's ok... let me try to expain the possible reasons for your issue with the missing counters. Actually, all the performance counters are populated after the collection job takes place.

So if the list box with the counters is empty, it means either job has failed to collect performance data or there was no data at all. Assuming you're running collection job against live ESX(i) Servers, I would recommend to re-run the job and see if this resolves the issue or not.

If it doesn't help, please feel free to open a support case with our technical team. Thanks!