Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
gomer23
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Gomez

File Level Backup

Post by gomer23 »

Hello, I found the Veeam Endpoint Backup software over the weekend while looking for a new backup solution at home and for some machines at my work as well. I had a question with the File Level Backup option. Is it still possible to choose this option to create a Bare Metal recovery image as well? What I am trying to accomplish is that I have a couple of folders I am trying to exclude from the backup but still be able to have a bare metal recovery option. I watched the webinar that talked about the backup methods but I do see the option to backup the operating system in there. If anyone has any more inside to this option I would appreciate it! Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: File Level Backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome Eric,

You can create a recovery media even without backup file being created. However, Bare Metal Recovery needs an OS volume in the backup file and if your backup only files then you won’t be able to restore the operating system. You could backup the OS volume and several files from any other volume then bare metal restore is still possible. Take a look at the Help Center articles to get more info on Backup Types.