Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
readie
Expert
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Bob Eadie

Export History

Post by readie »

How can I export the History list, just as I see it on screen? I should like to do some analysis using Excel, but cannot find any way of copy/paste or export.
Do I have to go into the full logs? I don't really want that detail, but suppose I could prune using Excel.
Bob Eadie
Computer Manager at Bedford School, UK (since 1999).
Veeam user since 2009.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Export History

Post by foggy »

Bob, currently there's no such functionality in Veeam B&R, but you can do that from Enterprise Manager. Doesn't the way it displays backup activity answer your requirements?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Additionally, If you own Veeam ONE, then I would suggest to use on of our predefined reports to do analysis using backup data (for example, this report should be useful for your goal > Backup Jobs Historical Information)
readie
Expert

Post by readie »

foggy wrote:Bob, currently there's no such functionality in Veeam B&R, but you can do that from Enterprise Manager. Doesn't the way it displays backup activity answer your requirements?
I want to analyse (using Excel) for example to see how the time taken for a backup has changed over the past few months. (We have an oddity which we are seeing when one job seems to take quite a lot longer on Saturday nights, and I should like to get the figures.)
It is a nightmare to mentally calculate the time for a job which is chained after another, as its start time is always changing, and sometimes it runs from before midnight till after, and my mental arithmetic is just not up to it!
Actually - easy feature request - new column 'Total Time' for job please.
I have tried one of the ONE reports which did not give me what I wanted in enough detail, but will have a look at the one you suggest, and also in Enterprise Manager . . .
Bob Eadie
Veeam user since 2009.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Mentioned report has job duration time, so should address your needs.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

readie wrote:I have tried one of the ONE reports which did not give me what I wanted in enough detail, but will have a look at the one you suggest,
Also you can verify your Veeam backup installation via this assessment report > Backup Infrastructure Assessment
readie
Expert

Post by readie » 2 people like this post

Vitaliy S. wrote:Additionally, If you own Veeam ONE, then I would suggest to use on of our predefined reports to do analysis using backup data (for example, this report should be useful for your goal > Backup Jobs Historical Information)
Excellent, thanks, exactly what I wanted. This listing of jobs with their duration each day allows me to scan back and see the effect of various tweaks of my infrastructure (e.g. improvements when upgrading version 8 to 9) and specifically when I moved to 'per VM' chains and Scale-Out Respository. It seems those two have cut my overall backup times by around 50%!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Veeam.
Bob Eadie
Veeam user since 2009.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Just passed this feedback to our dev team! Thanks :)
readie
Expert

Post by readie »

Thanks,
readie wrote:Actually - easy feature request - new column in the History display 'Total Time = Duration' for job please.
Could you submit this to the right place too please?
Bob Eadie
Veeam user since 2009.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, sure!
davide.depaoli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Davide Depaoli

Post by davide.depaoli »

Hello,
I resume this post because I need to report to our end users the status of VEB jobs of their pc. These kind of jobs are not managed by ONE reports, and it would be useful to have an export or reporting feature, even easy.
Today I'm filter for pc-name in Veeam backup console job history and take a screenshot of this list.

Thank you.