Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
james411
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Need some help clearing disk space on my Veeam/vCenter VM

Post by james411 »

I'm hoping I can get some help - I need to clear some disk space on the VM that runs our Veeam Backup server/vCenter Server.
  1. My C:\ProgramData\Veeam folder is close to 4GB in size. I see there is a folder for each job and logs in those folders. Is there any easy way to clean up those logs? Can they be manually deleted?
  2. C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\data\default-bd94814c-f9ac-43b1-afde-3fb5b6d2c491-0.XhiveDatabase.DB is close to 13GB. I have a small environment of only 2 hosts and 10-12 VMs. Backups run nightly and I have 2 replication jobs that run often (one once every 15 minutes the other every 30 minutes). Could this be contributing to the size of this inventory DB? Is there anyway to shrink it?
  3. This may not be specific to Veeam, but does anyone know if it is safe to delete "C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs" and "C:\ProgramData\VMware\CIS\runtime\VMwareSTS\logs"? I'm the only admin here, so I'm not sure if having my replication jobs run so often is contributing to increasing these log files for vCenter.
Other details about my environment: ESXi 5.5, Veeam 8.0.0.2084, 5 backup jobs that run nightly, 4 replication jobs (2 run nightly the other 2 are every 15 and every 30 minutes), 5 backup copy jobs.

Thank you for any help!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Need some help clearing disk space on my Veeam/vCenter V

Post by PTide »

Hi,
My C:\ProgramData\Veeam folder is close to 4GB in size. I see there is a folder for each job and logs in those folders. Is there any easy way to clean up those logs? Can they be manually deleted?
Yes, you can delete them manually. Also please take a look at this KB.
2. C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\data\default-bd94814c-f9ac-43b1-afde-3fb5b6d2c491-0.XhiveDatabase.DB is close to 13GB. I have a small environment of only 2 hosts and 10-12 VMs. Backups run nightly and I have 2 replication jobs that run often (one once every 15 minutes the other every 30 minutes). Could this be contributing to the size of this inventory DB? Is there anyway to shrink it?
3. This may not be specific to Veeam, but does anyone know if it is safe to delete "C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs" and "C:\ProgramData\VMware\CIS\runtime\VMwareSTS\logs"? I'm the only admin here, so I'm not sure if having my replication jobs run so often is contributing to increasing these log files for vCenter.
You should contact VMware support on these two.

Thank you.