Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
dredd123
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Walsh

Application Aware snapshot problems

Post by dredd123 »

Currently trying to run a POC to see if Veeam is a suitable product for our Hyper-V 2012R2 cluster environment and the initial VM's I have targeted to backup are all failing with the following error. Would appreciate some pointers as to why:

Code: Select all

Failed to inventory guest system.  Error code: 0x800706bf Failed to invoke func [GetHostInformation]: The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.  RPC function call failed.  Function name: [BlobCall]. Target machine [x.x.x.x]. RPC error:The remote procedure call failed and did not execute. Code 1727 Error code: 0x800706bf

Unable to subscribe to guest processing components: VSSControl: HvlsSnapshotInProgress failed. Transaction logs will not be truncated.  Error: Error code: 0x800706bf Failed to invoke func [HvlsSnapshotInProgress]

Failed to create snapshot (Microsoft CSV Shadow Copy Provider) (mode: Veeam application-aware processing) Details: Failed to prepare guests for volume snapshot

Error: Failed to prepare guests for volume snapshot
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Application Aware snapshot problems

Post by Dima P. »

Hello David,

Any chance you've opened a support case?
dredd123
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Walsh

Post by dredd123 »

Hello,

I've not opened a support case. Can I do that whilst running the trial version? If so can you let me know how please.

Regards,
Dave.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

David,

Sure, you are more than welcome to open a support case while evaluating our products. Just navigate to customer support portal and click ‘Sign in’ to open a support case.
mkaec
Veteran
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: Marc K

Post by mkaec » 1 person likes this post

dredd123 wrote:I've not opened a support case. Can I do that whilst running the trial version?
I love opening support cases while on a trial. I've experienced much pain with support throughout my career. (I'm not speaking about Veeam here.) The ability to discover problems with support quality during a trial and change the purchase decision is very welcome.