Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Are there plans for endpoint integration?

Post by Anguel »

Hi!

I have to decide whether we need Veeam One. As we have only a coulple of VMs but still have many physical workstations to backup we are intrested if there are any serious plans to integrate endpoint backup status and information into Veeam One.
Actually, I did not expect that this extensive visibility tool does not know anything about endpoints and endpoint backups.

Thank you in advance for any information on endpoint integration in Veeam One.

Anguel
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Are there plans for endpoint integration?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Anguel,

Yes, you're right that Veeam ONE doesn't have this info right now, as it main focus is Veeam B&R monitoring and reporting.

There are no plans to directly integrate Veeam ONE and VEB, though we do consider adding some visibility via Veeam B&R integration down the road. Can you please give us a list of must have features that you would like to see for VEB visibility and central management?

Thanks!
mattmoore
Service Provider
Liked: never

[MERGED] Backup Status Report with EP jobs and EP copy jobs

Post by mattmoore »

Hello,

I've been looking for a backup status report that includes EP jobs and EP copy jobs but have not been successful in finding one. Does such a report exist?

Thank you,

Matt
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Re: Backup Status Report with EP jobs and EP copy jobs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Matt,

Veeam Endpoint Backup jobs are not displayed in Veeam ONE. Can you please tell me how many VEBs you're managing now?

Thanks!
mattmoore
Service Provider

Post by mattmoore »

Hi Vitaliy,

Last Backup Status with Error/Warning messages for All types of available jobs in VBR would be very useful.

Thank you,

Matt
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for the feedback. Do you use VEB internally or provide backup as a service to your clients?
mattmoore
Service Provider

Re: Backup Status Report with EP jobs and EP copy jobs

Post by mattmoore »

Hi Vitaliy,

For the customer that would like these reports, they have 7 Endpoint backup jobs as well as an Endpoint Copy job including all of the servers. I just found another thread regarding endpoint backups and reporting so this one can be closed for efficiency.

Thank you,

Matt
Anguel
Expert

Post by Anguel »

Sorry for the delay in my answer. In the meantime we purchased Veeam One in hope that there will be Endpoint integration soon as stated at the end of this thread:
veeam-endpoint-backup-f33/veeam-one-int ... 24644.html

Regarding your question what we would like to see is: backup status of the endpoints, i.e. successful vs failed endpoints, maybe some warning if an endpoint did not backup since more than X days.
It would be also nice to see how much space the different endpoint backups (including incrementals) occupy in the repository, total GB and in percent.

As stated in the thread I linked above, other planned LabTech like features are also welcome:
https://www.veeam.com/blog/general-avai ... btech.html

BTW, I see many people asking about Veeam One Endpoint integration in different threads, e.g. also here:
monitoring-f5/monitoring-veeam-endpoint ... 30315.html
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for coming back! There are two main reasons for this request (Endpoint integration). One of them is visibility into jobs status that might be possible to retrieve if you point your VEB jobs to a Veeam backup repository. On the other hand, customers are asking for central management console which is not going to be available via Veeam ONE, as Veeam ONE is not intended for backup job creation and management.

We definitely keep tracking both requests and are exploring possibilities of addressing them. The more requests, the better :)
Anguel
Expert

Post by Anguel »

Vitaliy S. wrote:There are two main reasons for this request (Endpoint integration). One of them is visibility into jobs status that might be possible to retrieve if you point your VEB jobs to a Veeam backup repository.
Yes, I am using VEB with VBR.
On the other hand, customers are asking for central management console which is not going to be available via Veeam ONE, as Veeam ONE is not intended for backup job creation and management.
That's clear. I would like to see this inside VBR :-)