Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kkuszek
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Kurt Kuszek

Feature request: scheduled task skip next & adjustable start

Post by kkuszek »

Because of how slow tape has been I have been unable to get my monthly tape written without being interrupted with my nightly backups. I wanted to kick the monthly off manually and skip the next nightly backup to allow completion as frustrating as that may be to need. I can not however just tell a job to skip next run, or set schedule but not start until x date. I have to manually disable the job and remember to manually enable it again, or go as far as scheduled task and shell it out by writing a script.

I want to be able to do something like this without having to go as complex as needed for a solution. I don't want to forget to re-enable these jobs later. I think this should be normal functionality.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request: scheduled task skip next & adjustable s

Post by Dima P. »

Kurt,
I have to manually disable the job and remember to manually enable it again
I think you are looking for something similar to job chaining. Check this approach and let us know if it helps.
kkuszek
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Kurt Kuszek

Re: Feature request: scheduled task skip next & adjustable s

Post by kkuszek »

Hi Dima,
No job chaining is what I am already doing. I am saying if I want to schedule a job for example to run daily but I don't want to have that start until Friday I can't set that. If I plan another task on the server which will interrupt that nights backup I can't set veeam to just skip tonight's backup. Being able to do either is the only way to guarantee that a job I want normally scheduled to run later actually will happen. I could easily get sidetracked and forget to turn it on for 4 days and then I have gone 4 extra days without backups because of a human error. Maybe I want to stage a future job I am not ready to initiate the normal schedule on. I see value in allowing a scheduled start date option for scheduled jobs.