Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Ratcha
Influencer
Liked: 7 times

Has anyone had to use phone support?

Post by Ratcha » 1 person likes this post

Just got off the phone... thought I woke the poor guy up out of bed (at 9PM in Mumbai?).

He mumbled something, couldn't get my email address correct. No idea how they are going to contact me. Apparently the extra fee for 24/7 support was to cover the cost of this guy to wake up and mumble on the phone. :roll:

I usually remember to test phone support before buying a product, but I guess I was too impressed with the software this time, and being in a rush to deploy a backup solution didn't help.
cby
Expert
Liked: 6 times

Re: Has anyone had to use phone support?

Post by cby »

Sorry to hear you've had problems with 'phone support.

I have nothing but praise for Veeam's support, both technical and here in the forum. Granted you might not get someone whose first language is English, nor might they be as articulate as one would wish, but that's the way of the call-centre world.

Stick with it and do as I do if you find it difficult to understand support personnel...ask them to speak more clearly and slowly or to pass you onto someone you might find easier to understand.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

I will try to investigate who did you get to talk to :)

Actually we are no longer using outsourced call centers (since beginning of this year). Our support is fully in-house, including the first line. Most of the Tier 1 support team is based in US (Columbus, Ohio) and obviously we have native speakers there; plus there are a few small teams in other locations for 24/7 coverage.

Also, please note that in addition to phone support, you can always email support@veeam.com directly to get fast support without having to go through call center.

Thanks!
Ben Milligan
Expert
Liked: 40 times

Post by Ben Milligan »

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing call with our 1st Tier support. Rest assured we have your case, and I have recently emailed you to gather some more information about your errors. We will work to resolve it as soon as possible.
arthurp
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Arthur Pizyo

Post by arthurp »

Used Veeam support on a couple of occasions and have to admit that both phone and email support is very good. Hope they will keep it this way! Actually, I think this is one of the first complaints of this kind since I started using Veeam (Anton probably knows better).

Thank you, Arthur
MarchBrown
Novice
Liked: never

Post by MarchBrown »

I think I got the same guy this morning when I called (~ 9AM CDT). I'm hard pressed to believe he was on-shore as he had a very heavy accent and was extremly difficult to understand. Add to that the fact that he was much more interested in me submitting a ticket via your support page than helping me out was a little distressing. Considering I chose phone support over an email because I have critical issue this was extremely annoying. It was quite clear he didn't log the call, just told me to send it in via the support form and said, "have a nice day".
bctirado
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Brian

Post by bctirado »

I had a pretty unpleasant call on Monday, more of a waste of time than anything from my perspective and very frustrating. I've previously called in before and had wonderful support, this last phone call made me think perhaps it might be slipping.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

Support management has tracked down the support engineer in question. He is no longer taking any calls at this point. Thanks all for your feedback, it does help us to improve the service.