Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Catsrules
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Time Bug?

Post by Catsrules »

I was messing around with the time and date on my computer (For reason unrelated to Veeam). I set the date forward a few weeks.
Ever since then Veeam hasn't automatically backup my computer. It shows a failure at "Just now" all of the time. Looking at the details of the Failure I see it failed at 3/17/2016 (Today is 3/15/2016). I can however run a manual backup just fine

I am sure it is just confused because it failed in the future, I am guess it will fix itself when it hits 3/18/2016.

This post is more for an FYI.

Snapshots
http://imgur.com/a/9byGm
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Time Bug?

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,

Looks like a glitch indeed. Please open a support case thru VEB Control Panel > Support tab and click technical support. We might need to check your application logs.
Catsrules
Influencer

Post by Catsrules »

Will do,

Thanks.
Catsrules
Influencer

Post by Catsrules »

Just an update I would like to pass along, in case this happens to anyone else.

I talked with Veeam support, they recommended I recreate the Veeam database. I am sure this would have fixed my issue. However because I was so close to the future date the error occurred, I decided to hold off and wait and see what would happen. (Curiosity got the better of me.) The error occurred in the future date 3/17/16. Now today 3/18/16 Veeam ran the backup job automatically at 12:30. And everything seems to have gone back to normal.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Catsrules,

Thanks for investigating this and I am glad to hear that after one failure with this ‘time bug’ our logic continued to work properly – good to know. Cheers!