Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

SLOW performance

Post by miklaw2 »

Hello,
I have been reading many posts on the same type of issue...but not exactly like mine... so I thought I would ask
Running Veeam 4.1.1 - Vmware ESX 4.0U1 Servers and backups all go to a NetApp 3050 Cluster
Backup job in question has 3 vms in it all Windows 2008 SP2
vm1 ran last night ran very fast for us 124mb/s and was done in 11 minutes
vm2 the backup is still running and is getting 805k/s this is not the first time it has been backedup ...it is the 3rd time
previous times are 1st time 20mb/s 60gb took 49 minutes
2nd time 80mb/s took 13 minutes
So assuming that this is just something flakey ...can I cancel the backup and what else will I need to do to clean up ..delete the vrb?... database cleanup? what can I check to see what went and is going wrong?
I had numerous other backups running all night long that ran fine... just this one is my problem...
Thanks for your help in advance.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: SLOW performance

Post by Gostev »

Hello, do you have both of these VMs located on the same LUN/storage/ESX? If it is not some issue with VM's storage/connectivity, then we would need full logs to investigate, so please shoot them over to support@veeam.com. Thanks!
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

Post by miklaw2 »

they are not on the same LUN or ESX... but several other successful ones are... The Slow server is a SQL server...and I excluded the SQL data disks from the backup and that seemed to work fine 1st 2 days... not so well last night... when looking at my Veeam server it looks like it attached the data and log disks to the veeam server... hmmm
What logs do you need and where/how do I get them?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Please follow the red link when you click New Topic for this information.