Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
BibieR
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bibi Ramtu

Task has been Rescheduled

Post by BibieR »

Good Day,

I have five virtual machine all in one server running on Microsoft Server 2008 R2. I used veeam backup and replication version 7.0 to do backups for the five server both internally and externally.

currently I am receiving errors in all the backup jobs, an example for one of the VMs is " 3/22/2016 9:26:57 AM :: Task Hospital Management System has been rescheduled"
I have reverted back to the previous schedule setting but still has the same error.

Is there any other way to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance
Bibie
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Task has been Rescheduled

Post by veremin »

Is that the only error you get? Isn't accompanied by more descriptive messages regarding snapshot creation, VSS writer, etc.? Anyway, as a first step I'd recommend updating to the latest product version, because the one you're currently using is not even supported any longer. Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

To add to Vladimir's comment - this error is usually observed when there are issues with VSS provider/writer when creating a VSS snapshot. You should find more details on this in the Windows Event log of the Hyper-V server. Thanks!
BibieR
Novice

Post by BibieR »

v.Eremin ,there is no further message to the error. the VM processes completes correctly but each server gives the same specific error then fails. let me first by upgrading to an earlier version and see if it will help.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Updating to the most recent version might not help, as this is VSS related error. You can ask our team take a look at your logs once you have this error message for the new version of Veeam B&R.
BibieR
Novice

Post by BibieR »

Hi guys,

i have checked the detailed error, i missed out on.

Code: Select all

Unable to create snapshot (Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0) (mode: Crash consistent). Details: Unknown status of async operationThe shadow copy provider timed out while flushing data to the volume being shadow copied. This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily.--tr:Failed to create VSS snapshot.--tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.

Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Unknown status of async operation The shadow copy provider timed out while flushing data to the volume being shadow copied. This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily.--tr:Failed to create VSS snapshot.--tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please contact support team for a closer investigation after the upgrade. Thanks.
paulo.neves
Lurker
Full Name: Paulo Neves

[MERGED] : Backup Failed Server

Post by paulo.neves »

Hello, I recently installed Veeam Backup Free version and I was pleased with the tool.
So I started doing the backup server testing, but the copy of the Active Directory Veeam can not back up and returns the following error message:
Task AD02 Has Been rescheluded
At another point already made up that server now I'm not getting more.

My scenario:
Veeam This a virtual machine.
I created a ISCSI unit and assign the letter E: to save backups.

The other servers typically able to save.

Someone has a tip that might help?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Looks like VSS-related issue that should be better investigated with the support team. Thanks.
paulo.neves
Lurker
Full Name: Paulo Neves

Re: [MERGED] : Backup Failed Server

Post by paulo.neves »

The system presented the following log

Code: Select all

Failed to create snapshot (Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0;Microsoft CSV Shadow Copy Provider) (mode: Hyper-V child partition snapshot) Details: Unknown status of async operation The shadow copy provider timed out while flushing data to the volume being shadow copied. This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily. --tr:Failed to create VSS snapshot. --tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.
Retrying snapshot creation attempt (Unknown status of async operation The shadow copy provider timed out while flushing data to the volume being shadow copied. This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily. --tr:Failed to create VSS snapshot. --tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.)
Task has been rescheduled
Queued for processing at 01/04/2016 09:19:32
Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Unknown status of async operation The shadow copy provider timed out while flushing data to the volume being shadow copied. This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily. --tr:Failed to create VSS snapshot. --tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks.
My version is: Veeam Backup 9.0 Free Edition
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Paulo, this log snippet is not enough, so please contact our technical team directly as it was advised above. Thanks!