Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Strecker25
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Ryan Strecker

Extent change - replication bug

Post by Strecker25 »

We modified some scale out repos by adding some new extents and then evacuating and removing the old ones. We have about 100 Replication jobs that run after the backup jobs and there appears to be a bug. If I try to run the replica jobs again after the change to storage the job fails with:

3/22/2016 3:19:22 AM :: Error: Backup repository 'cbd01cdf-ad1a-4f56-a0a0-9325f719e221' was not found

If i simply edit the job, and press finish, it works again. Like it has to discover the storage location. How can we get around this? I don't want to have to open each job, it takes a bit for each one to resolve its settings.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Extent change - replication bug

Post by foggy »

Ryan, is the backup repository mentioned in the error message the one that got removed during maintenance? What repository is currently specified in the replication job as repository for storing replica metadata?
Strecker25
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Ryan Strecker

Post by Strecker25 »

The metadata repo did not change. I would imagine the backup repository being specified in the error message is one of the Extents that has been removed, but I don't know how to verify that? We've since removed that repository from Veeam (which is why I'm sure it's showing as the GUID)
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

This can be verified in the database with the help of support. Another guess is that it was specified as the repository for initial seeding.