Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
stevenm
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Steven Moore

SureBackup An Item with the Same Key issue

Post by stevenm »

Hi guys

I have a case open - 01739994 and was advised to update to V9 and ive done that today and updated the case as that hasn't resolved it so im here to gain some further feedback in the mean time.

After the VM powers up the lab shuts down and gets the error Failed to stabilize virtual machine An item with the same key has already been added.
Every lab i have built across 4 hosts has had this error.

The host networking is an unusual design i am dealing with and i am not sure if this is causing the error. Basically theres a separate vswitch in hyperv for each vlan thats tied to a dedicated team interface (theres 6 of these now) hanging off the windows team thats setup as LACP. The VM's that need to run in surebackup belong to different vswitches.

e.g:
- Veeam and Lab on Vlan 2046
- AD on Vlan 2020
- Other VMs on vlan 1955

Ive added these into isolated networks and put down the vlan id for each network and mapped it to the same lab isolated network choice as theres only one and gave that a vlan that doesn't exist on the network.
Network settings ive added in just 2 vNIcs and binded them to the vlan 2046 and vlan 2020 and ive ticked to route traffic between vNICs.

I may be able to change the whole hyperv network design to consolidate networking into a single vswitch and pass all vlans through that and tag into the VM's. I never built the environment, its a customers one so ive tried to work with the existing setup.

Look forward to your thoughts.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: SureBackup An Item with the Same Key issue

Post by nefes » 1 person likes this post

Root cause of this problem is you cannot have 1 Isolated network, connected to two NICs with different network settings.
To avoid it, you need to create separate isolated network for each network mapping setting.
stevenm
Novice

Post by stevenm »

Hi Nefes

How would you go about creating a separate isolated network. Would you create in hyperv virtual switch then add to the virtual lab appliance then when adding an isolated network you can choose it that way?

Just adding a new network mapping under isolated networks doesnt give you the option to target a different isolated network and modifying the vlan changes all existing network mapping vlans.
stevenm
Novice

Post by stevenm » 1 person likes this post

I worked out the issue, after rereading the user guide, i realised i didn't pick up on the part of naming the isolated network to whatever you wanted. So i was able to create he different networks fine in there and assign their vlans.

Also found dhcp for the proxy wasnt working so static IP got everything going to a full script test passing.