Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Matt@Work
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Matt Collier

Veeam 9 console as a Citrix published application

Post by Matt@Work »

Is this possible? I'm trying to configure the console so its available for our remote support teams. The installer progresses almost to the end and then fails with an error 'cannot install file system drivers'. It then rolls back the install.

Is what I am trying even possible? Its the best way to deploy out for our teams and I was hoping it would be as straightforward as the upgrade had been :)

We don't use Enterprise Manager and I don't have it installed anywhere at the moment.
jmeisel
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Re: Veeam 9 console as a Citrix published application

Post by jmeisel »

We are using the Veeam Console as an published application in Citrix XenApp 7.6 - Servers are Windows Server 2012 R2.
We haven't faced your issues. The Installation ran smoothly and without any issues. The only issue we are facing is the User Account Control. The Veeam Console needs to be run with local Administrator rights. So when you start the published Veeam Console on your Computer you need to enter additional credentials. That's annoying.
The Workaround would be to publish the console on a XenApp Server where you turn off UAC or where your Support-Team Users are members of local Administrators...
Matt@Work
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Matt Collier

Re: Veeam 9 console as a Citrix published application

Post by Matt@Work »

Are you streaming the published application or is it server installed?