Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Bryant
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bryant Schaper

Cloud Connect for Enterprise on Azure

Post by Bryant »

I know that this has been touched on prior to V9, but is it possible to setup Veeam to use Azure a repository for for a backup copy?

I know I can setup a repository on the VM, but the cloud connect product seems to be the solution, however it wants an SP license for the enterprise version as well.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Cloud Connect for Enterprise on Azure

Post by Gostev »

Bryant wrote:the cloud connect product seems to be the solution, however it wants an SP license for the enterprise version as well.
Cloud Connect for Enterprise does not require a service provider license.
Bryant
Novice

Post by Bryant »

i would have thought not, but I deployed it twice in case i goofed and choose "Veeam Cloud Connect or Service Providers" and I got the same thing, after logon it runs the wizard and prompts for a key or the checkbox that says I dont have an SP key and it stops there.
Bryant
Novice

Post by Bryant »

Gostev, on I side note as I search the internet, could this be simply a licensing issue. We are a small shop that has on 14 licensed sockets, not the 100 sockets in this doc, https://katalogrozwiazan.pl/assets/f58a ... 91c519.pdf . But we are a Microsoft EA customer and leverage Azure extensively. That is why we want to setup copy jobs to Azure. But I dont want to pay for third party SP, and none of them seem to use Azure anyways.

Maybe I should become and SP, and over Veeam backup to Azure as a service..........
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden »

If you only want to send backups to azure from a single site , then just create a site to site VPN to your Azure Sub and build repositories on it.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If you're willing to use Azure only as a backup repository, just add corresponding Azure VM to a backup server as a managed server, assign repository role to it and use it as a target for a backup copy job later on. Thanks.
Bryant
Novice

Post by Bryant »

While I certainly could do that, my understanding is that the VCC makes the process much simpler. I wold prefer to leverage that if at all possible, and VCC for the enterprise seems like a perfect fit. While I only have one source site at the moment, we may have another in the near future.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Understood. Based on the image description, you have to fill in the corresponding form to the required trial license or contact authorized reseller. Thanks.
Bryant
Novice

Post by Bryant »

Already done, just waiting, but based on Gostov's reply it should not require a license? Hopefully I will hear back today.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

You still need a license, but Cloud Connect for Enterprise uses different one than the license that service providers get.
And here is the Azure appliance you need > https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/marke ... nterprise/
Bryant
Novice

Post by Bryant »

Perfect. How do I get a license. Support has yet to call and sales seemed to not know about it?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

As far as I'm concerned this sort of license is not sold directly and you have to contact your reseller in order to get one. May I ask you to provide me with the contact information of your reseller (via PM, for instance) so that we can clarify the situation internally? Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Thank you, Bryant, for the detailed information sent via PM. This issue is currently being investigated internally. We'll reach you once we have more information. Thanks.