Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
herbert111
Lurker
Liked: never

Backup when target is connected

Post by herbert111 »

Hi,

I am saving my notebook (windows 10) to an external usb hard drive. Therefore I sceduled backup when target is connected, but to back up no more than every 20 hours. Since updating to the actual version, I get an a backup-error that backup fails, because target is not accessible, when last backup is more than 2 days old.
Is this normal and can I turn this off, because it makes me a little nervous, to see failed backups?

By the way. Is there a way to check backups (beside of just doing it)?

Greetings
Dribbdebach
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup when target is connected

Post by Dima P. »

Hi herbert111,
I get an a backup-error that backup fails, because target is not accessible
Do you reconnect the USB device or it remains plugged it?
By the way. Is there a way to check backups (beside of just doing it)?
You can run a file level recovery any time to check the restore point is fully operational.
herbert111
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by herbert111 »

Hello Dima,

the hard drive isn`t connect. As far as I uderstand, the backup should only start, when the target drive will be connect. Before the update it was working this way. After the update it seems that the backup will start after two days, even when the target drive is not connect.

Thanks for the info about the backup testing. Does that mean when I would be able to do a file level restore, the whole backup is ok?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

the backup should only start, when the target drive will be connect. Before the update it was working this way.
The described behavior is correct. If you are still having this issue, please open a support case.
Does that mean when I would be able to do a file level restore, the whole backup is ok?
Yes.