Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dspjones
Enthusiast
Liked: 17 times

Restoring Recurring Calendar Items

Post by dspjones »

One of our users "accidently" deleted recurring calendar items from a public folder based calendar in outlook. After mounting the backup and looking through the items, I don't know how I'll be able to determine what to restore. For example, there is an entry called TINY TOTS which shows a start time of 1/29/2016 10:00am and an end time of 1/29/2016 11:00am but when you open it up it actually ends on 4/15/2016 11:00am (it recurs every friday). Why does the exchange explorer not reflect the correct end dates? That would help some.

Basically I'm trying to find events that she deleted that all recur on Fridays but there is really no way to see that in the explorer (or am I missing something). Is there some functionality to search for recurring calendar items that will allow me to figure out which ones occur on a certain day of the week? Didn't create a case on this since I don't think there is a support issue here unless I should be seeing this differently which would indicate a bug but again I don't think that's the problem here.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restoring Recurring Calendar Items

Post by foggy »

dspjones wrote:For example, there is an entry called TINY TOTS which shows a start time of 1/29/2016 10:00am and an end time of 1/29/2016 11:00am but when you open it up it actually ends on 4/15/2016 11:00am (it recurs every friday). Why does the exchange explorer not reflect the correct end dates? That would help some.
The date is displayed for the first occurrence of the appointment, just as Outlook displays it in the Calendar List View.
dspjones wrote:Is there some functionality to search for recurring calendar items that will allow me to figure out which ones occur on a certain day of the week?
You can narrow the search results by using Advanced Find: for example, by adding "Is recurring" and "Start date" fields for appointments.
dspjones
Enthusiast
Liked: 17 times

Re: Restoring Recurring Calendar Items

Post by dspjones »

Ahhh good, I did not see the is recurring field. That will help. Thanks.