Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mxx
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Minor suggestions

Post by mxx »

Hi,

I'm posting here because I hope that at least one of the issues isn't vsphere/hyperv specific.

Yesterday I noticed that when you don't pay enough attention to what's written and you accidentally add credentials for guest processing in the <username>@<domain> format, the test still succeeds, but jobs fail with:

Code: Select all

4/8/2016 3:02:52 PM :: Failed to inventory guest system:  Error code: 0x80070005
Failed to invoke func [GetHostInformation]: Access is denied.. RPC function call failed. Function name: [BlobCall]. Target machine: [192.168.44.150].
RPC error:Access is denied.

Code: 5
 Error code: 0x80070005
Failed to invoke func [GetHostInformation]: Access is denied.. RPC function call failed. Function name: [BlobCall]. Target machine: [192.168.44.150].

4/8/2016 3:03:02 PM :: Error:  Error code: 0x80070005
Failed to invoke func [RegisterIndexJob]: Access is denied.. RPC function call failed. Function name: [BlobCall]. Target machine: [192.168.44.150].
 Error code: 0x80070005
Failed to invoke func [RegisterIndexJob]: Access is denied.. RPC function call failed. Function name: [BlobCall]. Target machine: [192.168.44.150].

It would really help if there could be a check for the needed format.
The description is of course accurate, but it could easily be missed when you're used to that and it's not easy to link the following errors to your failure to comply since the guest credentials test passes.

A customer has just bought a license where we previously tested VB&R 8 on vsphere 5.5.
It would be quite helpful if there was a database reset option. I didn't have Management Studio, nor .NET 3.5 which is needed to install it.
Since we also replaced vsphere 5 with 6 and upgraded Veeam to v9 and I had troubles removing the old VCenter Server (because of a linked failover job that wasn't visible in the GUI to be removed anymore), I wanted to start from scratch in this very small setup.

Probably just vSphere related:
Concerning the disk exclusions feature, it would really help if disks would be labelled or at least only existing disks would show up. Otherwise you always have to login into both, VCenter and the Guests in order to find out which is what.

Thanks a lot for a great product!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Minor suggestions

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
It would really help if there could be a check for the needed format.
We already have such a request. The documentation has been updated.
Concerning the disk exclusions feature, it would really help if disks would be labelled or at least only existing disks would show up.
Got your message, accepted as a feature request.

Thanks for heads up.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Re: Minor suggestions

Post by alanbolte » 1 person likes this post

It would be quite helpful if there was a database reset option.
It won't get rid of the old database, but you can create a new database just by specifying a new DB name in the DBConfig utility: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/vsp ... ility.html