Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
perfora
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: murat pektas

cant restore after re-install windows

Post by perfora »

hi all, I got backup of my pc before format. I reinstall my pc but cant restore. when i open vbm file show no restore point. i open file restore point and browse vbm file syas no restore point. how can i restore my files. i have vbm and vbk files.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: cant restore after re-install windows

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Murat.

Just to be clear: You have taken backups of your old PC with Veeam Endpoint Backup. You formatted your pc and reinstalled windows. Then you reinstalled VEB and used the interface to restore from your old backups. Is that correct?

Mike
perfora
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: murat pektas

Post by perfora »

Mike Resseler wrote:Hi Murat.

Just to be clear: You have taken backups of your old PC with Veeam Endpoint Backup. You formatted your pc and reinstalled windows. Then you reinstalled VEB and used the interface to restore from your old backups. Is that correct?

Mike
yes, but cant restore when i open vbm file says no restore point. i searched on internet and found Veeam.Backup.Extractor exe . i tried to open my backup file with it. it says backup file corrupted. now i have a big problem because i didnt take my backup with another way. before format i tested my backup and use file restore point to test my backup. everything shows well but now doesnt work. i need help.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

OK, besides the VBM you also have the VBK files I believe?

In your new deployment, please go to the control panel and open a support case (it is free, just no SLA guaranteed). Do this immediately after you have tried to restore a file through the icon. (right click on the VEB icon, restore, individual files and then browse to the VBM file.

Keep us informed about the advancement and potential solution here

Thanks

Mike