Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
russm
Novice
Liked: never

Running VEB on a server with a repository

Post by russm »

We are in the process of moving away from Backup Exec and found this nice program for backing up our physical servers into our existing B&R repository. Here's my situation... our main repository resides on our physical domain controller (we're in the process of purchasing a NAS for near site backup) and a smaller repository exists on a separate server, and I want to back up the domain controller to the smaller repository, so that we can restore domain objects and whatnot. If I run an entire computer backup will it try to back up the repository that exists on that server or will it exclude it? If it will back up that repository, what's the best way to way to exclude it and still get all of the AD objects?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Running VEB on a server with a repository

Post by PTide »

Hi,
If I run an entire computer backup will it try to back up the repository that exists on that server or will it exclude it?
It will try to backup it.
If it will back up that repository, what's the best way to way to exclude it and still get all of the AD objects?
If your AD repository is on a dedicated disk then you should switch to Volume level backup and exclude that disk. Please check this article for more info.

Thank you.