Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
INTPTT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Santangelo

Requesting help with a messed up order

Post by INTPTT »

Hi all,

We had a pretty big frustration recently. I will try to be concise. My engineer failed to double check and thought the client had one processor, but they had two. My engineer messed up and that's life.

Veeam is not working with us. They claim we can't simply pay the difference to upgrade, and that we have to buy an entire new socket. So rather a $250 for what it would have been had it been purchased correctly from the beginning. We have to pay an extra 700. They will not work with us. I find that an unfortunate business practice, but so be it.

Does anyone in here have contacts to the upper management that may be able to talk to me about this?

The person I am interfacing with at Veeam is absolutely not working with me. She continues to say "there is no easy resolution". To me that means there is a way, she's just choosing not to. They claim we can't simply pay the difference to upgrade, and that we have to buy an entire new socket. I find that an unfortunate business practice, but so be it.

We were or are a brand new re-seller. To get us setup as a re-seller their sales team were practically stalkers. To place our first order... crickets...

They are excited about the dozens more clients we have ready to setup immediately, as we had several quotes we submitted, but they will not work with us to fix this first mistaken order.

What was a simple mistake shouldn't be so hard to fix. For the number of business clients we support (1,000ish), you would think they would be at least a little motivated to help us.

They're focus in this entire process has been, "let's make sure your next order goes smoothly". They have been so oddly focusing on the sales path for our next orders we had quotes for, but they are not even trying to help me it seems. To which I have been responding, "I want a satisfactory resolve to our first order." To me this is an accounting issue. Have someone approve a $450 discount if that what it takes to get this fixed. I am not asking for a refund, I'm asking to not waste money and pay what we should have paid at the beginning.

It's not going well. You would think they would want to have a way to resolve order issues to retain partners. It's been painfully frustrating.

Any helpful advice you may have I would greatly appreciate. And or if you have suggestions for something to use differently I am open to that to. Unless this first order is resolved to my satisfaction we will not run any other clients through this company. I want a vendor that will partner with me. Not take my money and say sorry you fucked up, can't help you, too bad. How much more money can I get from you... That's how I feel right now with my interactions with them.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: Requesting help with a messed up order

Post by Gostev »

INTPTT wrote:My engineer failed to double check and thought the client had one processor, but they had two.
Veeam ... claim we can't simply pay the difference to upgrade, and that we have to buy an entire new socket.
May be I am missing something, so please bare with me here. But the difference between two sockets and one socket is exactly one socket, right? So, if the customer mistakenly bought one socket, while having two sockets that need to be protected, they do need to "buy an entire new socket"?

In other words, I don't see how you can get away from buying the additional socket in this scenario? Using your numbers, customer paid 700 to purchase 1 socket. It was later discovered that customer needs 2 sockets, so they need to pay another 700 for additional, previously unaccounted socket? Am I right?

Or perhaps you're not explaining the whole scenario correctly?
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

I think the customer bought 1 CPU of Backup & Replication instead of 2 CPU Bundle of Essentials to save some money. Now they have to buy another socket of B&R. So overall price of the 2 sockets of B&R are higher than one 2CPU Bundle of Essentials. There is "only" a upgrade path from Essentials to B&R but no downgrade path. I think this is the same within VMware.
mmonroe
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Monroe

Post by mmonroe »

How about cancel the original order, get a credit/refund. Once that is done and clean, place a new order for what you want. If I bought the wrong thing - be it software or hardware - from a reseller, there should be grace period - perhaps a few weeks - to return it.