Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
erickson
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: matei sebastian Alin

endpoint + Veeam B&R 9.0 centralizzed

Post by erickson »

Hello, is there another solution for centrize the clients daily backups?
We are very happy with the B&R 9.0 for our vcenter server and we can see the reports and all the alerts if a backup failed or missed but we want to see that also for the endpoint backups becouse what is the reason to have a centralizzed backup if you can't control or view the backup activity of the clients?
This morning an employee ask me to recover one file so i go on the partition in the Veeam server and saw that the backup was 6 days old becouse somehow the employee uninstall the veem endoit software. How can i know this in primis if i dont have a report or an alert to see that that pc didnt have a backup for 6 days.

Is there a solution for this(daily reports for endpoint last backups) or will a freature be this avaible soon? Or i have to switch to another software for backup my clients?
Thanks!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: endpoint + Veeam B&R 9.0 centralizzed

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Is there a solution for this(daily reports for endpoint last backups) or will a feature be this avaible soon?
There is an option to setup email notification in new Endpoint 1.5, however that won't help you if the user uninstalls Endpoint from his machine, so you should either cut user account's permissions or setup a daily script that checks if the email from Endpoint has been received. Also there are plans to integrate Endpoint wiht Veeam ONE in future.

Thank you.