Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
merse
Novice
Liked: never

Functionality

Post by merse »

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Monitor for my client and wanted to raise a couple of questions to the community:

- Can reports be scheduled at all?
- Is there a command line version?
- Can the HTML performance charts be customised to show proportional legend data? At the moment the CPU range goes to 100% but the CPU data for the reporting period peaks at 15% so the chart looks silly!
- Is there a historical view in the console? I can only seem to view real-time data.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Best regards,

merse
Atkatch
Expert

Post by Atkatch »

Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately the reports cannot be scheduled and the is no command line version.
In the next version the reports will be in excel so there would be no such issue.

For historical view via console please use the drop down menu on the right under the performance chart.
merse
Novice

Post by merse »

Thank you for your response Atkatch.

I wasn't clear in my original post; there is no historical view in the console for the 'Overall' tab, only the individual charts.

Do you have an indication of when the next version is going to be released? And will a scheduled reporting option be amongst the new features?

Many thanks,

merse
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello, could you please clarify what types of report would you like to run on schedule with Veeam Monitor?

I am confused a little bit, since for reporting we have another product, Reporter.
We plan to have scheduled reporting in Veeam Reporter Enterprise (currently available in beta).

For Monitor, from the reporting perspective next version will have trend analysis feature, using which you would be able to generate report showing historical activity over the specified period of time. Is it the type of reports you are looking to be able to schedule (and may be even receive automatically over email)?

We plan to have public beta for the next version of Veeam Monitor in July.
merse
Novice

Post by merse »

Hi Gostev,

I'd like to be able to schedule an overnight report that publishes a web page that I can present through an intranet. Ideally I'd like a nightly report that displays the performance from the last 24 hours and also weekly and monthly reports too.

This is to enable the management teams to have visibility of the Virtual Infrastructure without having to log in to consoles and / or mess around with these complex (!) tools :)

I'm not personally interested in receiving reports via email at the moment but I think it could be a good feature to have.

I've had a look at Reporter but I'm more interested in capacity planning and trend analysis.

I like the sound of the upcoming trend analysis feature though so will keep an eye out for the public beta and re-evaluate then.

Best regards,

merse