Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcosens
Novice
Liked: never

Feature Request Subforums

Post by mcosens »

Could you add a Feature Request Subforum to this Forum site. I think this would help clean up/organize the forum a little better.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Feature Request Subforums

Post by Gostev »

Actually, these forums are intended solely for feature requests and related product discussions, so consider everything else to be offtopic that we tolerate (for now). For example, we explicitly discourage using these forums as a replacement for technical support or as a support case escalation media, as explained when you click New Topic.

So honestly, I'd rather further drive offtopic off of this forum, if that's what makes people struggle and leaves the impression of disorganized forum. Although personally, I think right now there's a fairly good balance (acceptable).

But I certainly don't want to create some dedicated sub-forum for feature requests, because it will only encourage people to create new topics there instead of using forum search to find existing discussions (and trust me, most of the imaginable feature requests already has existing discussions going).
johannesk
Expert
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson

Post by johannesk »

Hi Gostev,

Can you please explain to us how feature requests are assessed? Are requests taken into a meeting of product managers? Do you evaluate all of them? And how can the users here influence?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
Can you please explain to us how feature requests are assessed?
If a feature brings noticeable value to the product and no easy workaround exists.
Are requests taken into a meeting of product managers?
Features that are being frequently requested will eventually make it to PM meeting.
Do you evaluate all of them?
If a feature has been brought to a meeting then it will be discussed.
And how can the users here influence?
Keep pushing :) The more users second feature request the more chances that you'll see that feature in one of the future releases. Also if you provide good examples of valid use cases where some feature is vital that will also increase chances of us considering the feature.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte » 1 person likes this post

Maybe Pavel's response should be pinned :mrgreen: