Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
McClane
Expert
Liked: 11 times

Enterprise Manager Restore Ponts in Files Restore

Post by McClane »

Hi,

Something I observed in the Enterprise Manager (9.0.0.14) File Restore section:
If I select a server and select a restore point I only have the backups on tape a restore point in the selection. (also displayed when clicking on the Backup Info Button: Files can be restored from the folllowing backups: XXX on Tape)
Some if I do a search and list all availible restore points for this file, I only get presented the tape backups.
I tested the restore then and the file got pulled from the backup from disk, not from tape what I would have expected from what the WEB GUI presented to me.

Is that a normal behaviour?

Greetings,

Manuel
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Enterprise Manager Restore Ponts in Files Restore

Post by foggy »

Hi Manuel, this behavior is currently expected. There's an issue with displaying the restore points where in the Backup Info dialog the name of the tape job is shown for restore point in case the latest backup for it was performed to tape (while the name of the regular backup job should be shown there). Actual restore is performed from disk, since file restore from tape is not even possible (corresponding commands for the tape restore points are grayed out in the search view). The issue is planned to be fixed in the next version.
McClane
Expert
Liked: 11 times

Re: Enterprise Manager Restore Ponts in Files Restore

Post by McClane »

Ah, thanks for the info.