Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
onyxblackdragon
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: John Mathias

getting a SQL error when trying to do a full VM restore

Post by onyxblackdragon »

We are running Veeam B&R 6.5. The system won't let me submit a ticket. I know I should upgrade to 8.0, but for right now I just need help. I'm getting the following error when trying to start a full VM restore:

"Microsoft SQL server hosting the configuration database is currently unavailable. Possible reasons are heavy load, networking issue, server reboot, or hot backup. Please wait, and try again later. Error information: Could not find stored procedure 'GetVisibleHostByName'."

My Veeam backups seem like they are fine. Any articles or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks. J
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: getting a SQL error when trying to do a full VM restore

Post by veremin »

Unfortunately, in this case we cannot say anything definite without seeing the corresponding logs.

So, you'd better update to the version 8 at least and let our support team confirm your environment. If restoration need is vital at the moment, either install a new console, import a backup and perform full VM restore or use extract.exe utility.

Thanks.
onyxblackdragon
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: John Mathias

Post by onyxblackdragon »

Thanks. The immediate need for the full VM restore has gone away, but of course I want to get this fixed since backups are no good if restores don't work. Thanks for your help. I will look into the upgrade. OBD
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Got it. It's always recommended to stay on the up-to-date version. This way not only will you get number of various fixes and enhancements that have been implemented already, but also you will be eligible for support whenever one is required. Thanks.