Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tmckinnon
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Travis McKinnon

Feature Request - Advanced Networking Features (LACP & VLAN)

Post by tmckinnon » 1 person likes this post

Love the entire Veeam product suite so far and I'm while testing out recovery with VEB I've noticed that some advanced networking settings are missing from VER -

There's no option to setup a network team network interfaces nor options to assign VLAN tags to network cards so recovery from a SMB/VBR repository isn't possible without reconfiguring a switch.

Network teaming is out of the box with Windows 2012 R2, same with VLAN tags so this should be a doable feature.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Advanced Networking Features (LACP & V

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Travis,

Good request, though I am a bit surprised that it was not posted before. Thank you – we will look into this.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

tmckinnon wrote:There's no option to setup a network team network interfaces nor options to assign VLAN tags to network cards so recovery from a SMB/VBR repository isn't possible without reconfiguring a switch.
This sounds like something that should be set up on the OS level, as opposed to be handled by each individual application, no?
Baptiste
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times

Post by Baptiste » 1 person likes this post

On my server, i can setup vlan directly on IDRAC for my network card then i can restore from VBR.

Regards,
wyantis
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Walt

Re: Feature Request - Advanced Networking Features (LACP & VLAN)

Post by wyantis »

Was this ever implemented? I'm trying to recover to a server with LACP network, Not seeing any options to do anything other than very basic and simple network configuration.
Nils
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Nils Petersen

Re: Feature Request - Advanced Networking Features (LACP & VLAN)

Post by Nils »

Just wondering, given that LAG traffic distribution is by IP/L4-port hash (in best case), what's the point of running LACP with VER? Traffic from the repository uses just a single port anyway...

VAW would rather need to support L3 multipathing (as well as the storage) and then multiple ungrouped links would make (more) sense.