Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mwpreston
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: mike

Feature Request - Tab Type Job Setup

Post by mwpreston »

Hi,

No issues with Veeam thus far. Everything seems to be working fine with the odd problem here and there that has been addressed quickly and efficiently by support or these forums.

Just one request, and I'm not sure if this is something everyone would agree with or if it is just my nitpickyness...

I would love to see a tab type setup for the jobs in Veeam, rather than the wizard type. The wizard is great for initially setting up the jobs, but editing them afterwards tends to be monotonous going through the next next next finish steps...

Anyways, great product, keep up the great work and release v5 already!!!
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Re: Feature Request - Tab Type Job Setup

Post by Bunce »

Ditto. I've been messing with jobs all week, and going through 6 pages everytime to add or exclude a VM is quite monotonous.

Also, you're thrown to the last page without the option to CONFIRM or CANCEL, or navigate BACK to a previous page. You only get a FINISH button..??
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi, I know what you are saying, this bugs me as well. Good news is, all the new wizards added to version 5 have tab designs. We will also update all the existing wizards to use tab design down the road (just did not have free UI dev resources to do that in v5). Generally speaking, there are additional technical reasons why we want to do this, so it is not just about usability. Thanks!
mwpreston
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: mike

Post by mwpreston »

Excellent...this is great news!