Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tolgaunturk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tolga ÜNTÜRK

Veeam V9 EMC Storage Snapshot

Post by tolgaunturk »

Hi,

We are trying V9 our envoirment. We need to help about connectivity of VNX and Veeam Management Server. I will explain our platform as like below;

* ESXI Server
* VM for Veeam Management Server on ESXI 5.5u3
* VNX Storage Group
* FC SW Connectivity between Host and Storage

Well,

When we start to job we was take an error like "Cannot find backup proxy capable of retrieving VM data from storage snapshot "

Can you tell us how can we resolve this issue ?

Many Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Veeam V9 EMC Storage Snapshot

Post by PTide »

Hi,

In order to backup from snapshot you have to properly configure backup proxy, please take a look at this article and make sure that your etup meets all the requirements. If everything has ben setup correctly then please open a case with our support team and post your case ID here.

Thank you.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

In order for a backup from storage snapshot to work properly there should be a Windows-based proxy server that has given storage connected to it via FC.

In your case it doesn't seem that there is at least one proxy server ,besides a default one (VB&R console).

Thanks.
tolgaunturk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tolga ÜNTÜRK

Post by tolgaunturk »

Hi to All,

First of all i am thanks to all of you for your responds quickly. I think so you forward me to physical connection. But i need resolve this issue by VM Proxy. I cant seperate resource for precess. Also i was read https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/vsp ... iw_hp.html document. Also this document forward to physical connection i mean i think like that.

I was try WWN Port via VM to enable RDM Disk which connected to Proxy and Repository. Im using proxy and repository same server because its best way to fasty copy disk to disk.

So If I resolve this issue which using storage snapshot via VM Proxy and Repository without physical connection.

Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether I'm following you on that. In order for this functionality to work properly there must be at least one proxy having access to the storage : be it via FC or via ISCSI. Thanks.
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

If iSCSI is a possibility, then it may be possible to use a software iSCSI initiator within the proxy VM and not use a physical proxy.

Joe