Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
brichardson1991_obk
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Ben Richardson

Fails to connect to veeam one server

Post by brichardson1991_obk »

Hi there,

I'm having an issue whereby one remote computer cannot connect to veeam one however other remote computers and the local client can connect.

This one remote computer connected fine yesterday but come this morning upon the clients reboot it has failed to connect.

This client is running Veeam one Version 8 Update 2 build 1731, the server is running the same build.

No configuration changes have been made to this machine that we are aware of.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Fails to connect to veeam one server

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ben,

What is the exact error message you see when connecting to Veeam ONE server?

Thanks!
brichardson1991_obk
Expert

Hi Vitaliiy,

The error message is:
Could not connect to Veeam ONE Monitor Server specified in Options > Client Settings
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Are you able to connect with any other Veeam ONE admin account? Did you try to specify IP address of your Veeam ONE Server?
brichardson1991_obk
Expert

Vitaliy,

I've logged in from my computer using my Veeam One admin account and yes i've also tried the following
short name (veeamone)
FQDN (veeamone.sprite)
IP

I've also uninstalled and re-installed the client.

Using my account on the computer that it is failing on also fails to connect.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Since the build number is the same for both Client app and Veeam ONE Server, then please let our support team take a look at the logs.
brichardson1991_obk
Expert

Post by brichardson1991_obk » 1 person likes this post

Hi Vitaliy,

Raised under 01746113
ddayton
Enthusiast
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Don Dayton

Post by ddayton »

I am also having the same issue. I have v9 B&R and One running on the same VM running Windows 2012 R2. The host is running VMware 5.5 Update 2 and the VM has 4 virtual CPUs, 8GB of memory and one VMXNET3 allocated. I have upgraded to v9 update 1 on both products. I can ping the server by name, but I went ahead and tried the IP and still received the same connect error. I tried shutting down the servers firewall, no go. Then I opened the servers VM console and tried to run the monitor right on the server and received the same connect error. I opened services and planned to restart the One monitor service, but it hung in a stopping state and I had to reboot. Once the server was back up the client was working again. This happened before, but I was getting ready to reboot the server anyway after performing Windows updates and when it worked after the reboot I just kinda forgot about it until today when it failed again.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Don, can you please send the debug logs for our technical team to review this behavior?
ddayton
Enthusiast

Post by ddayton »

I opened case # 01797860 and uploaded MonitorLogs.zip. I was getting ready to release Windows updates via our WSUS to the Veeam server and when I tried to use the Monitor Client on the server it was failing to connect again. I released the Windows updates, which of course required a reboot, and then when the server was back up I used the help support in the client to create the zip file. So right now I can connect with the client locally and from my laptop. I'm just not sure how long before it will stop working.
ddayton
Enthusiast

Post by ddayton »

Case # 01797860 closed
My log file indicated my problem was with the SQL Server that was installed as part of the Veeam One install. Of the three suggestions that support gave me one was to increase the servers memory. When I was running Veeam V8 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 I had set the VM to use 4 VCPUs and 4GB of RAM. I created a new VM with Windows Server 2012 R2 and used 4VCPUs again, but bumped the memory up to 8GB which was the minimum recommended. I had been using Resource Monitor and had never seen the server appear to starve for more memory, so I thought all was ok. Anyway as suggested I increased the server memory from 8GB to 12GB and so far One client has had no problems. But also I had a times where B&R completed a backup job indicating that all the VMs were successfully backed up but the job failed on a SQL error. This also has not happened again since I increased the server memory. I will also add after upgrading from V8 to V9 we have been adding a lot of End Point Backup installs that target a B&R repository, so I'm sure this has made an increased demand of the server.

Thanks support,
Happy Camper
nmace
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times

Post by nmace »

I also ran into this same issue, the client not connecting to the veeam one server listed under client settings. It worked fine yesterday. Rebooting the Veeam One VM fixed the issue. Running the newest build of Veeam One v9.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

nmace,
Do you also have VBR and Veeam ONE running on the same machine? How much CPU and RAM resources does it have?
Thanks!