Dario.Palmisano
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dario Palmisano

Selectively delete a backup copy session from the interface

Post by Dario.Palmisano »

Hello everybody,

my problem is the following.

While few backup copy jobs were running I got a diagnostic like: Failed to merge full backup file...

I open a case (# 01779974) one week ago, and with the support discovered the Veeam database got corrupted.
The support tried many ways to correct the database by hand, but unsuccessfully. Now I am waiting for a senior support engineer to have
a chance to solve my problem (whose cause is still unknown).

For some jobs with this problem I decided to remove all archived backup, that now run smoothly. For some other jobs I need to retain at least old backups and I would be willing to remove recent backup sessions (that cause the problem).

My question is: Is it possible to remove recent backup sessions (from archived backup) from the console? I tried many ways but did not find any possibility, but wonder someone more experienced than me knows a ways.

Thanks for your kind cooperation

Dario
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Selectively delete a backup copy session from the interf

Post by foggy »

Dario, are you after deleting the backup files from disk or just removing the corresponding job session records from Veeam B&R user interface?
Dario.Palmisano
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dario Palmisano

Post by Dario.Palmisano »

Foggy,

I am trying to remove the Veeam database corruption, removing from it the records associated to the a backup which is labelled incomplete, or eventually remove one by one the records corresponding to the recent backups that allow my backup copy job to complete without failure.

So if you suggest me how to get "removing the corresponding job session records from Veeam B&R user interface" would be nice.

Thanks

Dario
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

This is not possible, neither we do allow removing separate session records nor it will help with your issue. You'd better work with our support engineers on fixing the database or re-install it from scratch in case it cannot be fixed.