Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jorge Salinas

Network Extension Appliance problem with Public IP Address

Post by jsalinas »

Hi,

Veeam Support Case # 01764079

Here is the situation:

I have created a Hardware Plan which assigns compute, storage and network resources. This Plan includes 1 vLAN with internet access.

Then I created a Tenant and assigned him a Public IP Address and afterwards the Network Extension Appliance got deployed at the SP infrastructure.

After that, The tenant added me as his Service Provider. During the wizard the Tenant's production Gateway was configured and the Network Extension Appliance got deployed at the Tenant infrastructure.

A Replication Job was configured, All of the VMs got replicated with no problem.

Several Partial Failover jobs were tested and everything run smoothly. The Failed-over VMs kept communications with the VMs that remained on Tenant's production environment. So I could confirm that the VPN Tunnel between the SP Network Extension Appliance and the Tenant Network Extension Appliance is working just fine.

Full Site Failover are experiencing the following issue:

The Tenant creates a Failover Plan.

During the Failover Plan wizard, The tenant creates DNAT rules. I can confirm that the Public IP Address that was assigned to him shows up in the wizard. The wizard ended up with no errors.

The Tenant starts The Full Site Failover job and it always finishes with a success notification.

At the SP infrastructure I can confirm that the failed-over VMs as well as the SP Network Extension Appliance are powered On.

Failed-over VMs have internet access

But the Public IP Address endpoints are not assigned to the SP Network Appliance, so I cant access the DNAT published services from the internet.

Could you provide any advice please?

Regards,
Jorge
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Re: Network Extension Appliance problem with Public IP Addre

Post by dellock6 »

Hi Jorge,
hard to figure out the error without proper log analysis. Can you open up a ticket? In this way our support can look at them and figure out the reason of the error.

Luca
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
jsalinas
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jorge Salinas

Re: Network Extension Appliance problem with Public IP Addre

Post by jsalinas »

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your answer.

I already opened a ticket. Veeam Support Case # 01764079

I've been working with Veeam Support for a couple of weeks now, I have uploaded the logs a few times but we can't still figure out what's going on.... I'm very confident that the issue is going to be solved, hopefully soon :)

Thank you!

Jorge