Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tom11011
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tom

Copy job question

Post by tom11011 »

Hi Group,

I have a daily copy job to a distant location for archival purposes. Recently, the job has begun taking longer than 24 hours to complete. As a result of this, the job now fails. I cannot increase bandwidth yet to accommodate this job, but I can set the copy job to every 2 days to get a completion which is not really desirable.

We have "restore points for archival purposes" set on this job. IE we keep 12 monthly backups and the job is set for each 15th day of the month.

My question is this. Should the 15th of the month not be able to copy as a result of the job failing -or- as a result of being skipped because copy every two days is selected, will I miss this archival point or will veeam choose to keep the date from the day before or the day after instead.

Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Copy job question

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Tom,
Answering your question, the job will not skip the archival point but try to create it the next day.
First of all I would find out the reason why the job takes longer than usual. Best thing to start from is bottleneck analysis.
tom11011
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tom

Post by tom11011 »

Thanks for the info!

The issue is growth. I knew this day would come when the job would exceed 24 hours.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

You are welcome, Tom!
I would make a bottleneck analysis for backup copy job.
Thanks!