Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
antman157
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Anthony Jones

[Feature Request] Longer reporting times in Ent. Manger

Post by antman157 »

Veeam Enterprise Manager will only report 24hrs and 7 days. I would like to see 1 month added to that. We have been requested by our Information Security Officer and Auditors to provide a montly report of Veeam backup success and failures. I LOVE the 7 days and the graphs and information, its EXACTLY what I need, just longer. I would like to see a one month option.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: [Feature Request] Longer reporting times in Ent. Manger

Post by nielsengelen »

Did you take a look at Veeam One? It offers these type of reports as well which you can use.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
antman157
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Anthony Jones

Post by antman157 »

Can you report a month in the free version? My company will not pay for the enterprise version mainly because we use Nagios for all our monitoring.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Anthony,

You don't need to pay for the Enterprise version, since Veeam ONE does not require it (it is part of Veeam Availability Suite) and there are good prices to upgrade to this VAS from Veeam B&R. You can still keep using Nagios for your infrastructure monitoring, as the main power of Veeam ONE is monitoring and reporting on Veeam B&R activity.

Anyway, thanks for your feature request. We will keep this in mind when discussing feature set for our next updates.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

And no, Veeam ONE Free doesn't provide the report containing information you're looking for.
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton » 1 person likes this post

Also to add to this thread, Veeam ONE is a great complement to Nagios. Use ONE's monitoring features to get granular detail on Backup & Replication, as well as alerts on VMware or Hyper-V items that Nagios may not know about (e.g. really old snapshots) and then send the traps to Nagios. The end result is that Nagios can be your single monitoring dashboard and give you enhanced monitoring by integrating with ONE. And as been mentioned, it's not too terribly expensive to upgrade from just Backup & Replication to Availability Suite which includes Veeam ONE.

Joe