Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Dario.Palmisano
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dario Palmisano

Failed to wait mutex VeeamXmlLoggerDbSessionId...

Post by Dario.Palmisano »

Hello Everybody,

I schedule most of the backup jobs with a powershell script. To speed up the backup I try to run several jobs at the same time, and from time to time an error interrupts the script with diagnostic like:

"Failed to wait mutex VeeamXmlLoggerDbSessionId: eafeaeaa-b59c-4048-8447-dd6dc075b613: timeout 40 sec exceeded"

Is there something I can do to avoid it? Is it possible to extend such timeout?

Thanks and regards

Dario
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Failed to wait mutex VeeamXmlLoggerDbSessionId...

Post by foggy »

Dario, how many jobs do you start simultaneously and what are the max concurrent tasks limit configured on your proxy/repository servers? This may be a result of the high load. Have you already contacted support for a closer look at your log files?
Dario.Palmisano
Enthusiast

Hello Foggy,

the proxy is configured for 2 max concurrent tasks and the last run (that caused the problem) I tried to run 3 backup copy jobs at the same time...

Really I did not know (or I forgot) there was so low limit, thanks for providing me this hint.

I saw, that increasing the proxy max concurrent tasks to 3 shows an exclamation point. Is it possible to safely increase this number? How?

Many thanks

Dario
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I'd check the system requirements first, since your servers might be already overloaded and assigning more tasks can result in even more issues. Btw, proxies are not involved in the backup copy jobs unless they also play some other Veeam B&R roles (repository, for example).
Dario.Palmisano
Enthusiast

I only run multiple backup copy jobs (replication and backup jobs are all serialized). Furthermore I successfully (without any evident error) executed up to 7 backup copy jobs launched by hand from the console.

I got the "Failed to wait mutex VeeamXmlLoggerDbSessionId..." error only from powershell script that is nightly scheduled to manage various jobs (backup, backup copy).

Is it possible to extend the timeout to value higher to 40 secs? How?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I'm not aware of such a setting. I'd suggest you to let support to review your setup and logs (if required) to verify the reasons of this error.