Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
David_P
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Parker

Feature Request: Schedule Calendar

Post by David_P »

Hi,
I logged this with support, they said the feature isn't currently available, but log it here and hopefully it will get picked up....

Can we please have a scheduling calendar within B&R. At the moment every time we have a bank holiday I have to remember to disable the tape backup job in advance, and then I have to remember to log in remotely on the bank holiday to re-enable the backup job so it kicks in for the return to work.

The only option support could suggest at the moment was using Powershell, but that will still mean modifying scripts etc. for the different holidays.

What I'd like - and I'm sure it would be useful for other users as well, is an actual calendar where I can select "do not run job" dates for the year. This feature is standard in Backup Exec and other backup apps so I'm not asking for anything revolutionary.

Regards

David
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Request: Schedule Calendar

Post by Shestakov »

Hi David,
The calendar feature is going to be implemented in Veeam ONE in next versions.
Could you specify your request? Do you want us to show you date and time when the backups are scheduled to run with the job type specification?
Regarding management, what actions are to be taken besides "Start" and "Disable"?
Do you also want historical information about finished jobs to be shown?
Thanks!
David_P
Lurker
Full Name: David Parker

Post by David_P »

Thank you for responding so quickly,

My request is quite basic, I just want to be able to edit a backup job within B&R, open a calendar for the job and select the dates I don't want the job to run. I don't need anything else

Regards

David
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the feedback, David!
APR
Lurker
Full Name: Christian

[FEATURE REQUEST] Visual timetable of my backups.

Post by APR »

Hello,

is there any way to have a big picture, an overview, of all my jobs timetable during a range of time?

I mean, I don't want to put too many jobs at the the same time, I want to have a good distribution of all my copies during the night, but now I have to open an excel and write down when does each copy begins and how long it takes to finish it, clicking each job, writting down start and finish time and finally put all these data in a spreadsheet marked with colours. Only then I can visually see if there is a bad distribution and maybe relocate jobs in an earlier or later hour range during the night.

As I have dozens of copies it's so time-consuming. Is there any way with veeam to get this information at once? if not, can you put it in a wish list.

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Christian,
That`s already in a wishlist for Veeam ONE features.
What time range is needed for the feature? Do you want to see if there are several jobs will be running at same time of the day?
It can be a bit tricky since you don`t know exactly how long a job will take to complete.
Thanks for the feedback!
APR
Lurker
Full Name: Christian

Post by APR »

Hello!

no no, what I want to see is what happened in the past, no in the future. I mean, I want to see from last monday until today at 08.00AM(a dynamic from/to would be great), where each column is a 30min time range (08:00, 08:30,09:00,09:30,...) and each row a virtual machine or a job(in my case 1job=1VM), then each field should be colored in red for example, if this machine was in a backup process at this time. And so evaluate what happened in the past to adjust a future schedule.

You already have all this data in veeam logs, you just need to present this in a more "visual" way.

thx

Thx
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

I see, thanks for the clarification.
Report calendar we are working on, is to include information of both past and future job runs.
Have you checked such Veeam ONE reports as Backup Jobs Historical Information and VMs Backed Up by Multiple Jobs?
kpax
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: KPax

[MERGED] Feature Request

Post by kpax »

Hey guys,

I would really, really like to see a feature/function in which BEM/VBR (either or) can dump all job schedules, including, if selected, health check schedule, active full schedule, and compact schedule, into an exportable/viewable calendar. This would make it very easy with many jobs and schedules, to find overlaps and adjust accordingly.

Currently, I do this manually in outlook but would really like an automated tool. Even just a simple webcal:// from BEM would be great, and if it could update entries with the length of backup and whether or not it was successful, even better.

If this is here, apologies, but I haven't found it.

Thanks all!
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hi kpax,
There is no such an option currently, however you can find some information in Veeam ONE reports.
We are planning to create calendar dashboard/report in next versions.

Please check the thread for more information. Thanks!
st3946
Lurker
Full Name: Tom Scholz

Post by st3946 »

Hello,
is there any news on this topic?
Especially on ARPs request: https://forums.veeam.com/posting.php?mo ... 2#pr194465. We need exact the same feature.
Using the Version 9.5 of Veeam One we cant find anything like requested.
Thanks for reply.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Tom and welcome to the community!
Upcoming product version will contain graphical representation of proxies and repositories activity. That should help analyze business of backup infrastructure.
Calendar of jobs themselves is in the plans for later releases.
Thanks!
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

[MERGED] Display backup schedule as calendar?

Post by mikeely »

How do I look at all the backup jobs scheduled in a weekly or monthly type view?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Re: Display backup schedule as calendar?

Post by Gostev »

Veeam does not provide such functionality at this time. Thanks!
mikeely
Expert

Re: Display backup schedule as calendar?

Post by mikeely »

It'd be nice. Is there a list view? Some sort of chronological display?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

What are you trying to achieve or do? Depending on that, there may be a solution.
mikeely
Expert

Post by mikeely »

Pretty much just, in one view, see when each of my backup jobs is scheduled to run.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

This can be achieved by simply dumping schedule settings for all jobs with PowerShell into one output.
mikeely
Expert

Post by mikeely »

How's that work in bash? ;)

Seriously though, it'd be a nice feature and probably not terribly hard to put together.
soncscy
Veteran
Liked: 312 times
Full Name: Harvey

Post by soncscy »

"How's that work in bash? ;)"

Install powershell for bash :D I'm not even joking, we've integrated this into a few clients environments seamlessly.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Besides Powershell you can find jobs schedule in Veeam ONE report called Job Configuration Dump.
Dedicated dashboard is in the road map.
jetuser
Lurker

Post by jetuser »

I still find it quite odd that this simple request has not been yet implemented?

Although we have only been using Veeam for around 3 years, I couldn't believe that this simple Calendar functionality which allows you to omit bank holidays and office closures was not already in the software (I have seen and used it in other products for over 20 years!).

A quick search shows that there have been requests for this 'enhancement' since 2011 so what's the problem?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

The "problem" is relatively few requests, comparing to other pending features.