Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pshute
Veteran
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Peter Shute

Re: Mixing Backup and File to Tape

Post by pshute »

Shestakov wrote:It shows you restore points in all tapes. To make sure the restore point is there, you may start the restoration wizard and actually perform a restore to be 100% sure
Why so hard?

I started the restoration wizard for the sample file, and if I double click it, it lists the backup sets, media pools and times, but not the tape name. Is there a way to list the tape names?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Not in the wizard. But it looks like a good feature request. We`ll discuss it with the corresponding dev team.
Do you use Veeam ONE by the way?
Thanks!
pshute
Veteran
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Peter Shute

Post by pshute »

Shestakov wrote:Not in the wizard. But it looks like a good feature request. We`ll discuss it with the corresponding dev team.
I see now that if I look at the properties of a file in the Tape section of Files, it does show the tape names in the Restore Points tab. I didn't notice that there was a horizontal slider to show more information to the right.
Do you use Veeam ONE by the way?
No, should I? What can it do for me? Where should it be installed? Do I need to buy a licence for it if I have a VBR licence?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Veeam ONE is a part ofVeeam Availability Suite along with "Backup and Replication".
It can be installed on any machine, physical or virtual. It requires a license, but there is also a free version.
You may also try the full version and decide if you need the paid / free version.
Thanks!