pearsondan99
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan

Issue after upgrade to ESX 4.1

Post by pearsondan99 »

Hi,

I have posted a support case to support@veeam.com

Scenario - we have just upgrade our replication target host from Vmware 4.0 to 4.1 (re-install rather than upgrade via the VI Client) and changed over the network adapters (so new NICs/MAC address) everything went fine we re-connected the VMFS partitions and re-added the VMFS partitions which was fine replicated vms where all there, so in our veeam server we kicked off the replication jobs which then errored immediately with the error "failed to login to "10.1.70.200" by SOAP, port 443, user "root", proxy srv: port:0 input string was not in a correct format... I m guessing either the upgrade of the version or the change of service console/physical NIC has affected the mapping to host...???

we have kept the root password the same, ssh is enabled (tested via putty) and we can browse the host through SCP no problem!! please help the virtual machines are nearly 1 TB in size and i dont want to have to re-replicate them all again

thanks in advance
Alexey D.

Re: Issue after upgrade to ESX 4.1

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Dan,

Which version of Backup and Replication are you using? ESX 4.1 is only supported with Veeam B+R v4.1.2.
DavidReimers
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: David Reimers

Post by DavidReimers »

I'm getting a similar issue (ESXi 4.1 and VB&R 4.1.2):

Formatting vbk storage
FormatStorage failed
Client error: Cannot authenticate user.
Soap fault. Detail: '', endpoint: ''
Failed to reconnect to storage. Storage: [stg:4c92e94e-f2e3ba58-e94e-00215e73df32,nfchost:ha-host,conn:esxdr.holdfast.sa.gov.au]. Storage display name: [SANRAID6].
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello David,

Please refer to our support team with all technical issues. Our technical team will be able to assist you in resolving the issue after reviewing all the log files.

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

P.S. Please note that these two issues are absolutely different (for future readers).