Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BillDaley63
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Daley

Problems connecting to 3par 3.2.2. MU2

Post by BillDaley63 »

I'm in the proof of concept for Veeam and I'm having issues connecting to a 3PAR 8440 running OS Version 3.2.2 MU2. When connecting I receive the following error: "Fingerprint Validation Failed". I've ensured we meet all the pre-requisites defined in the documentation. I'm able to connect successfully on a 3PAR 7400c running OS 3.2.1 MU2.

I'm hoping someone here can help. I've got a small window to complete the POC and potentially replace CommVault for my VM backups.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Problems connecting to 3par 3.2.2. MU2

Post by foggy »

Bill, what kind of credentials are you using? Have you tried connecting under the local storage account? Have you already contacted support for a logs review?
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Post by DaveWatkins »

We've got an 8200 with 3.2.2 MU2 and can connect it fine. We're using an account we created on the 3par with full admin rights
thomas.biesmans
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Post by thomas.biesmans »

FYI for those who stumble upon this through Google.

API service wasn't started on the affected 3PAR:

Code: Select all

HP3PAR-K9 cli% showwsapi
-Service-   -State--  -HTTP_State- HTTP_Port    -HTTPS_State- HTTPS_Port   -Version-
Disabled   Inactive       Disabled          8008        Enabled             8080         1.4.2

HP3PAR-K9 cli% startwsapi
The Web Services API Server will start shortly.

HP3PAR-K9 cli% showwsapi
-Service-   -State-    -HTTP_State-   HTTP_Port    -HTTPS_State - HTTPS_Port   -Version-
Enabled     Active      Disabled          8008           Enabled             8080             1.4.2
Mind the first column which displays the status and is easily overlooked.
Afterwards both the credential error and the inability to take snapshots disappeared.
The service somehow got deactivated (initial setup in Veeam normally activates it).