Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cmarrec
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: cedric marrec

veeam entreprise manager and backup copy

Post by cmarrec »

hello,

I'm using veeam b&r v9 update1 for hyper-v (edition entreprise plus). I'm using also entreprise manager for offering resTore GUEST-file operations for delegated users.

In my environement i've got one daily backup job per vm with indexing file (the retention is set to 7 and a full backup is made per week)
i've also one backup copy job per vm (retention policy set to 7) and i use gfs retention policy for archival (4 weeks and 3 months)

My question is : is it possible to access to the backup of the backup copy job on veeam entreprise for my restore operators ?
How works entreprise manager and backup copy job ? (sometimes in entreprise manager for a vm restore operation, the backup use is copyjob or daily job : i don't understand why !!!

Thanks for your help,

Cordialy

Cédric MARREC
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: veeam entreprise manager and backup copy

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Cedric,

If backup file made by a backup copy job is still "imported/visible" in the backup console, then you should be able to run restores from this. Can you please elaborate a bit more on the issue you're seeing?

Thanks!
cmarrec
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: cedric marrec

Post by cmarrec »

when i am on entreprise manager, i select my vm then i select my restore point -> when i click on the information button the job backup name information said that the backup job was a backup copy job.
even though i've got the indexing information. i don't have to mount the backup.

If i restore a file by entreprise manager, on the veeam console, the flr job name indicate that the restore point use is not a backup copy but the daily job.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager selects the restore point to use based on the state/existence of the main backup job. If your primary backup job is not running, then EM will use this job to perform the restore procedure by default. In other cases, it will try to use backups created by a backup copy job. Hope this helps!