Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
dib
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Data Processed, Transferred different from Read

Post by dib »

Hi

I have noticed that after upgrade to ver. 9 with update 1, that my weekly tape job for full backup is showing me different information regarding data processed, transferred and read.

Example.
On version 9
Processed: 7,9 TB (100%)
Read: 8,7 TB
Transferred: 7,9 TB (1,1x)

On version 8
Processed: 8,1 TB (100%)
Read: 8,1 TB
Transferred: 8.1 TB (1,1x)

I dont understand why version 9 has difference between data processed, transferred and read.

I only use Veeam compression, so there is no compression on the backup tape job.

Hope some one can clear this out for me.

Dennis
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Data Processed, Transferred different from Read

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Dennis,
Actually there were no modifications made regarding Processed/Read/Transferred calculations.
I`m curious if provided results of v8 are actually correct since you having same amount of Read and Transferred data you have 1.1x of compression.
Do you experience any related problems or you just confused with the numbers? Note that the backups could change over the time so no wonder you have slightly different numbers.
Thanks!
dib
Enthusiast

Post by dib »

No other problems, just confused over the difference on version 9. We are not using compression on the backup to tape job, so am also confused about the 1,1x mark, because I would not expect any compression on the tape job.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

There is hardware compression though.
If you want to find out the reason why you`ve got exact numbers I would suggest to contact technical support, but again there was no change since v8 in that calculation.
Thanks!
dib
Enthusiast

Post by dib »

Yes there is hardware compression, but this not enabled on the backup to tape job.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi dib,

From the top of my head, only internal logic improvements and bug fixes that could slightly affect the stats. If you want to investigate it, please open a support case and post the ID to this thread. Thanks!