Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cjoles
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Joles

Guidance on New Setup

Post by cjoles »

Good Morning,

We are a new Veeam B&R shop. We have 4 hosts running ESXI6 along with (1) 9tb SAN to be used for backup storage and (1) 18tb SAN for production storage.
We want to do incremental backups daily to the 9tb SAN and then have a backup copy job that runs to a USB drive that will be rotated daily M-F
We want full backups to run on Friday night and we need to have a backup copy job that runs to a different USB drive that will be rotated weekly on Monday
We would also like a Full monthly backup that would need to have a backup copy job that runs to yet another different USB drive that will be rotated monthly.

At this time, I have a backup job configured to run daily and also have Backup Copy jobs for Daily and Weekly offloading. The daily works most of the time. I dont think the drive letter following actually works as I periodically get H:\backup missing errors and it seems to occur when the drive is swapped and it gets a different drive letter. Weekly offloads to be honest, I have no idea if they are actually offloading the weekly copy or not.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Guidance on New Setup

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Have you configured your Backup Copy job destination repo to use rotated media? If so then could you please provide an exact error message that you get?

Thanks
cjoles
Novice

Post by cjoles »

Yes, I did configure the copy job to use rotated media - this is the error that we see periodically - 5/31/2016 11:43:56 PM :: Processing OTC-UConnectweb.ucu.coop Error: File does not exist. File: [H:\Backups\Daily Backup Copy to USB\Daily Backup Copy to USB2016-05-22T080000.vbk].
Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenRead}.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

That looks unexpected, Backup Copy job should create another .vbk in case the original one is missing. Please open a case with support team and post your case ID.

Thank you
cjoles
Novice

Post by cjoles »

I have a case opened up 01815070