Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
damadhatter
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Chris A

BEM lacking the ability to show a failed job?

Post by damadhatter »

So I am have run into an issue with BEM and the answer I got from support (to purchase Veeam ONE) was pretty disappointing. I get daily reports emailed to me from BEM with the status of my jobs (OOTB default configuration). Frequently I get an email with the subject line showing all successes but the body of the email shows 1 failure & 1 less success.

Shown here: https://snag.gy/Wh5RSV.jpg

When I login to the BEM console I don't see the failure in the history shown here: https://snag.gy/DYp8wG.jpg

What is actually going on here is a job fails on the first run but is successful on the retry. BEM doesn't seem to want to report a failure as a failure after it is successful on a retry.

Seems a bit crazy to me, whats the point of BEM then? I am now required to login to 10 different Veeam servers and check the history individually of each job to find this failure. I am trying to build a system that scales and this definitely isn't it! BEM clearly knows about the failure because it reports on it, why not make that data available?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: BEM lacking the ability to show a failed job?

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Can you see failed jobs if you choose "Dashboard" - "Last 7 days" and click on the number that goes right before the "Errors" row? That should show you the history of all failures that have happened during last 7 days.

Thanks
damadhatter
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Chris A

Re: BEM lacking the ability to show a failed job?

Post by damadhatter »

It really isn't an issue of the time period, the job ran & failed in the last 24hrs BUT it was successful on the retry so BEM doesn't count that as a failure in its GUI only the body of the email that it sends. BEM is well aware of the failure it just doesn't show which job failed.