Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
SSR
Influencer
Liked: never

Adding Storage

Post by SSR »

Hi Folks,

We're currently using Backup & Replication 8.0.0.2030, and have a maintenance contract.

Veeam was setup for us by a consultant, and for the most part I just monitor it and make sure jobs are working. It is used for backing up Hyper-V VMs on a cluster. Veeam sits on its own server, and uses local storage for the backups.

I would like to backup to a second server (an HP Storeeasy) that we have, and probably full backups taken every weekend so we have some extra copies of the backups.

Am I able to backup to a second server, and if so in general terms how would I achieve this? Am I going to need more Veeam licenses?

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Adding Storage

Post by Shestakov »

Hi,
You don`t need any additional licenses for that. What you need to do is to create backup copy job.
Let me know if any help is needed. Thanks!
SSR
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by SSR »

Thanks Shestakov.

I probably want this to be different to our existing backup jobs, which are daily and reverse incremental. What I'd like is to have at least one full backup of all the servers done at the weekend. Would a backup copy job still be relevant, or would this require a new job?

How would I add the HP Storeeasy to storage, is it done in a special way, or would I just share the drive?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

SSR wrote:I probably want this to be different to our existing backup jobs, which are daily and reverse incremental. What I'd like is to have at least one full backup of all the servers done at the weekend. Would a backup copy job still be relevant, or would this require a new job?
Backup copy job always works in forever incremental mode. Please get familiar.
SSR wrote:How would I add the HP Storeeasy to storage, is it done in a special way, or would I just share the drive?
If you want to add it to the infrastructure as new backup repository, go to "Backup Infrastructure" tab, choose "Backup Repositories" and click "Add repository"
Thanks!