Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Romain
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Romain Lefevre

ActiveFull and Only One Full Backup for Chain

Post by Romain »

Hello,

Is it possible to use Active FULL but to have only 1 full backup on destination Storage (i have a big VM : 6 To) and 8 To for backup. I use reverse incremental to have juste one full backup but i think it was a good idea to to active full (i juste loose data after a corrupted block on backup).

I try to use active full with incremental but it will keep the old full backup and the new.

Is there any way to backup (with incremental and synthetic for exemble) and to do the week-end ActiveFull but to juste have 1 full backup stored ?

Thanks in advance.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: ActiveFull and Only One Full Backup for Chain

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Is there any way to backup (with incremental and synthetic for exemble) and to do the week-end ActiveFull but to juste have 1 full backup stored ?
No, it's not possible. Please check how different backup retention policies work.
I use reverse incremental to have juste one full backup but i think it was a good idea to to active full (i juste loose data after a corrupted block on backup).
The better way to protect your backups from being corrupted would be to use periodical health check in conjunction with Backup Copy Job.

Thanks