Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
TechnicGeek
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Does Veeam Endpoint Have Backup Plans?

Post by TechnicGeek » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

Since that time of configuring backup on a drive-level, this is the only backup that I can run. I tried to create full-backup so I can have second plan to backup on another drive but it looks like software does not offer a way to name that plan. To me it looks like full-backup plan will override drive-level backup plan.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Re: Does Veeam Endpoint Have Backup Plans?

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

I apologize if I am incorrect but what I believe you are trying to accomplish is to have your full backup on multiple locations? If so, you can use the rotated drives feature and when you plug in a second drive it will put a full backup on there to start a new chain. I hope this helps.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
TechnicGeek
Influencer

Post by TechnicGeek »

Only "Veeam Backup & Replication" has this feature.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 » 2 people like this post

There is an option to use that feature in Endpoint, take look at the Helpcenter article.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Ryan is right. VEB supports only one backup job, however, you can use the said rotated media feature to keep multiple backup chains stored ad different USB devices. Additional option might be the standalone full backup to another location via UI or via CMD (or custom script of any kind)
TechnicGeek
Influencer

Post by TechnicGeek »

Thanks! Your replies have cleared all the questions I had. Didn't know there's UI backup and restore options, thinking main user interface is all there is to it and I may not be the only one... User experience improvement suggestion?
TechnicGeek
Influencer

Post by TechnicGeek »

Today I tried to perform weekly incremental backup but program would just state "Waiting for backup target..." despite HDD is already registered as one:

I tried to access directory on external HDD with backups but device was stalling. I ran CHKDSK and here is what was discovered:

After I deregistered and registered device again, incremental backup was succefully created but I now wonder if I would be able to restore from other previous incrementals considering there was bad cluster found. Not sure what's the difference between bad cluster and sector. Are they not same?
OrangeWing
Novice
Full Name: Stafford Fields

Post by OrangeWing »

Maybe I'm out of place here, but if you are using The full B&R product with console, can't you just do a copy job to a second location such as offsite or USB drive? That is exactly what we do. We let the endpoint backup store to a NAS on the regular 14 day rotation but then do a copy job from that location to a USB drive which we then change weekly. That USB drive goes off site every week.

Just an idea......
Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

TechnicGeek,
incremental backup was succefully created but I now wonder if I would be able to restore from other previous incrementals considering there was bad cluster found
Run a file level recovery from the latest incremental backup on this device. If it works - there is nothing to worry about.