Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Cluster Capacity Forecast

Post by Cragdoo »

Are there any deep dive information posts about how the Cluster Capacity forecast dashboards are compiled? https://helpcenter.veeam.com/mp/80/vmwa ... oards.html

Looking for information around what metrics are collected/used to create the figures etc, as I'm interested in extracting the raw data for visualising elsewhere.

Thanks in advance
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Cluster Capacity Forecast

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Craig,

With respect to counters - it's pretty much what you see in the UI, with respect to how it works - everything you need can be captured with SQL Profiler. However, I would recommend using Capacity Planning report instead of a widget. Widget SQL SP returns data in a special XML schema and it is going to be difficult to parse this data. On the other hand report SQL SP return numbers. Here is what I have in my lab in the profiler:

Code: Select all

exec dbo.Veeam_VE_VMware_PerformanceForecastGet @StartDate='2016-06-11 15:26:00',@EndDate='2016-08-10 15:26:00',@ReportSystemName=N'Veeam.Virt.Extensions.VMware.CapacityPlanning.Reports.ForecastVMCCR.LR',@ObjectList=N'<Data><Objects><Object Use="Containment">1265</Object></Objects></Data>',@RawThresholds=N'<Thresholds><Threshold Id="1" Value="90" /><Threshold Id="2" Value="90" /><Threshold Id="3" Value="0" /><Threshold Id="4" Value="0" /><Threshold Id="5" Value="0" /><Threshold Id="6" Value="0" /></Thresholds>',@SelectedAspects=N'<SelectedAspects><SelectedAspect TargetId="VMCCR" AspectId="CPU" /><SelectedAspect TargetId="VMCCR" AspectId="RAM" /></SelectedAspects>'
StartDate - how far away you want to check data in the past
EndDate - how far in the future you want to check your resources
ObjectList - it's a root level All vSphere Clusters group, in my lab it's 1265, use the following to get rowid in yours:

Code: Select all

SELECT [ManagedEntityRowId]
  FROM [OperationsManagerDW].[dbo].[ManagedEntity]
  where [Fullname] like 'Veeam.Virt.Extensions.VMware.VMCCR.Group'
In the results of the qurey you will need RowType like 'A' - it's Average/Summary part of the report (there is also P - advanced performance data, S - summary for resources). You will be able to get Cluster name, Resource name (CPU or RAM) whether you have enough resources or not (IsConstraining column) and how many days till treshold (DaysTillThreshold column) and many many more ;) .

Let me know if you have any other questions.