Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
klasikrkade
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Frank

Backup and Replication error What does it mean?

Post by klasikrkade »

I am running BUAR 4.1.2 and am receiving the following error for 2 jobs this morning:

BackupDisk failed
Client error: Cannot track disk changes:
Soap fault. The object has already been deleted or has not been completely createdDetail: '<ManagedObjectNotFoundFault xmlns="urn:internalvim25" xsi:type="ManagedObjectNotFound"><obj type="VirtualMachineSnapshot" serverGuid="D783033C-327B-4A81-B87A-EA0E0EA0D557">snapshot-23781</obj></ManagedObjectNotFoundFault>', endpoint: ''

Any idea why this error would be generated?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup and Replication error What does it mean?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Frank,

Could you tell me please if you have any snapshots presented on the VMs you've added to those 2 jobs? I would recommend checking it out with both Snapshot Manager and Datastore Browser as judging by the error it seems like you have improper CBT configuration for VM snapshot files.
klasikrkade
Influencer

Post by klasikrkade »

Yes there were some consolidated snaps that I deleted. The jobs now work but this has happened before here. What would constitute a proper CBT configuration and where is this done?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Actually, you shouldn't do anything special to make CBT work, each VMDK file (or snapshot) should have a its own ChangeID in order to track changes. But the first thing I would probably pay attention to is why you have consolidated helper snapshots presented on the VMs, as I believe this might be the true reason for your issue.
klasikrkade
Influencer

Post by klasikrkade »

Typically I've only noticed these when a replication job has stepped on the toes of an already running backup. What other kinds of things would cause these consolidated snapshots?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Nothing pretty - they will grow forever. However, overlapping backup and replication job should not cause them to appear.