Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Lefaux
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Clefaux

Query on backup warning "Guest processing skipped" Linux box

Post by Lefaux »

Hi everybody,

hope to not post on question already solved but i search it and i unfortunately not found my answer...

We have Veeam V8 on windows server 2012, backup several Virtuals machine include one in Linux. We have two backup job, one on our local site, one on remote site.. Backup job on our local site works very fine, but the same job on remote site done us systematically this warning status :
Guest processing skipped (check VMware Tools status)
about our Linux machine (no warning at all on the first job report, while our two backup job have strictly same parameters..(??))

I just saw that's no critical because the VM is well saved (relieved) and i saw too that this message could be disabled, but I don't found how to disabled this Warning. Could you say me how to do this, please ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Query on backup warning "Guest processing skipped" Linux

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Clefaux,

Do you have this warning message every time you run the job? Can you please re-check whether application-aware image processing settings are the same for both jobs? On a side note, why not to run backup copy job to send backups offsite instead of snapshotting the production VM twice with the second backup job?

Thanks!
Lefaux
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Clefaux

Post by Lefaux »

Hi, thanks for reply

yes, we have this warning message with each job on our remote site.. I check both processing seettings and even advanced options, for example : about Vsphere " Enable VMWare tools quiescence", have the same status.. I really don't see why one is ok and not the other one...
The Backup job is a good idea, but we have already seen that is not adapted to our system, in particular, not enought time to operate it out users work time in correct deadline..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Let our support team double-check the job settings, as if the configuration is identical, then the output message should also be the same across all jobs.