Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Ario5o
Lurker
Liked: never

How to completely remove a VM from a replication job

Post by Ario5o »

Hi All,

Currently using Veeam B&R for vSphere 9.0.0.1491

I have a replication job that has 8 VMs in that is running fine, replicating from our core datacentre to an offsite location. This job used to have 10 VMs in, but I removed 2 using the remove button on the Virtual Machines tab and as far as I can see that has worked to remove the VM's from the job, I can't see them mentioned anywhere in the job and when the job runs it does not process them.

The odd behaviour I'm experiencing is in two places:

When adding this replication job as a Linked job in SureBackup and going into advanced to set the individual verification settings it still shows the two old VMs that I removed... and when I actually run the job it includes and tries to process them.

The second place is when I add the 2 removed VM's to a new replication job and use replica seeding I get a pop-up that says the VM I want to use as the seed is already specified in another job, my first job, where I thought I had removed them.

I am aware of VM retention in regular Backup jobs where you can specify that old/removed VM's from jobs should be removed after xx days and that they are automatically purged with an Active Full - but I cannot see any mention of similar functionality within the configuration of a Replication Job.

I'm a bit stumped - any insight into this would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: How to completely remove a VM from a replication job

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

Can you please check if you still see these VMs in the VM replicas nodes of the backup console?

Thanks!
Ario5o
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Ario5o »

Aha, that seems to have sorted it, I don't know how I missed that whole area until now!

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Good to know that it is working!